Oceaneering takes pride in the positive contributions the company and its employees have made to the communities in which we live and work, especially as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters fairness and openness.
STEM – Focused on Gender
In 2019 we saw an 87% increase in women hired into science, technology, engineering, and mathematics roles over 2017's hiring rate.
395 women were hired overall in 2019; 57% more than in 2017.
Over 1,000 women have been hired by Oceaneering in the past three years, with over 400 hired in STEM roles.
*Total Females Hired during the year
Oceaneering Women's Network (OWN)
Established in 2017, the Oceaneering Women’s Network (OWN) is a network dedicated to empowering women and men to achieve their full potential and career goals. OWN has in-person meetings, as well as an online community, to share networking opportunities and career enrichment events.
OWN sponsors these Professional Development Events annually:
- Dress for Success Drive
- IPAA/PESA Externship
- Rice Design Showcase
- Leadership Panel Interviews
- Speed Networking
- Business Unit Overviews
- ROV MATE Competition
- Market Yourself Presentation
- Intentional Leadership Forum
- All-Earth Ecobot Challenge
- American Heart Association Heart Walk
Oceaneering is proud to work with with our strategic business associates to better serve our local communities through fundraisers, sponsorships and educational programs.
This event recognizes ceremony veterans through award ceremonies and a historical tour of the Baltimore, Maryland, waterways. The warriors return for a lunch reception and networking.
Each summer, junior level high school students are selected to participate in the program, which provides professional development and a job shadowing opportunity for future engineering and geosciences students at various Houston and Dallas/Fort Worth petroleum exploration, production and service company locations.
In good times and bad, Oceaneering and its workforce band together to ensure we protect and support our local communities. Oceaneering offers its employees volunteer hours to support these efforts.
- In 2019, Team Oceaneering raised nearly $70,000 for the Texas MS 150.
- In 2018, Oceaneering raised over $20,000 to buy Christmas presents for the children of employees affected by Hurricane Michael.
- In 2018, Oceaneering employees raised over $31,000 for the American Heart Association by participating in the Houston Heart Walk.
- In 2018, Oceaneering's Ghana subsidiary donated a ROV Power Distribution Unit to the Takoradi Technical University's Engineering school to help train students on Lockout Tagout/Energy Isolation.
- Oceaneering supports STEM education by participating in the annual IPAA/PESA Externship, the annual Marine Advanced Technology Education (MATE) International ROV Competition, the annual NASA in Aberdeen Science Week, and more.
See our recent community stories here.
2018 Heart Walk BBQ Fundraiser
2018 Heart Walk BBQ Fundraiser
Houston's ROV Team Packing Lunches For The Helping Hands Organization.