Our Seabed Clearance Services offer a flexible approach for preparing your project for foundation and cable installation. We offer boulder and debris picking by grab, dense boulder field solutions by plough, and UXO identification and disposal using innovative proven subsea technologies. Our services have evolved through project experience, lessons learned, and continuous improvement into a market-leading solution that suits your exacting requirements.
- Tooling combinations to optimize clearance rates equaling less vessel time and cost
- Plough performance 4X faster than conventional grab in dense boulder fields
- Industry leading assets and unparalleled project experience list
- Cable route corridors cleared efficiently for chosen trenching assets
- High resolution survey data provides confidence to cable lay installers pre-lay
- Schedule and cost effective full site clearance at foundation locations offers full life of field access for any jack-up during O&M
- Accept soils risk – Step change in trenching contracting
- Quantify burial performance pre-lay by removing soils risk upfront
- Industry leading solutions for UXO identification and disposal from our fleet of ROVs and ROV-mounted subsea dredging equipment and tooling
- High speed, high current-capable shallow water work class ROVs
We offer a flexible Seabed Clearance package based on your requirements. Our offering spans from individual assets for specific route clearance and UXO requirements to a comprehensive optimized solution combining our assets to offer a turnkey service for interconnector or wind farm projects.
In backfill mode, the SCAR system ensures cable protection with indigenous seabed material by returning soil to the trench that was displaced during pre-cut trenching operations, leaving the seabed in near original condition and eliminating the potential of net-cable interaction during trawling activities. The SCAR Backfill Plough eliminates interaction with a cable during operations, eliminating the risk of cable damage when compared to Simultaneous Lay and Burial (SLB) solutions.
Backfill progresses at approximately 1,312 ft/hr (400 m/hr) and, when combined with the pre-cut plough, offers a cost-effective solution for arduous soils. The backfill plough is in a continuous improvement program and was upgraded with subsea positioning, plough performance instrumentation, and visual feedback to improve plough performance.