The SCAR Seabed Trenching System combines plough and water jetting systems that have evolved through project experience, lessons learned, and continuous improvement into a market-leading pre-cut trenching, backfill, and jetting service offering.
Exclusive SCAR benefits:
- With our faster trenching times, your project will require less vessel days.
- Single-pass combined route clearance and trenching
- Trenching 4X faster in arduous soils than cutting options
- Accept soils risk – Step change in trenching contracting
- Quantify burial performance pre-lay by removing soils risk up front
- Increase lay tension to increase lay speed
We offer a flexible trenching package based on your requirements. Our offering spans from individual assets for specific route clearance, jetting or pre-cut requirements to a comprehensive optimized solution combining our assets to offer a turnkey service for interconnector or wind farm cable projects.
In backfill mode, the SCAR system ensures cable protection with indigenous seabed material by returning soil to the trench that was displaced during pre-cut trenching operations, leaving the seabed in near original condition and eliminating the potential of net-cable interaction during trawling activities. The SCAR Backfill Plough eliminates interaction with a cable during operations, eliminating the risk of cable damage when compared to Simultaneous Lay and Burial (SLB) solutions.
Backfill progresses at approximately 1,312 ft/hr (400 m/hr) and, when combined with the pre-cut plough, offers a cost-effective solution for arduous soils. The backfill plough is in a continuous improvement program and was upgraded with subsea positioning, plough performance instrumentation, and visual feedback to improve plough performance.