Safety and Health
- The safety, health, and well-being of our employees, contractors, customers, and the public are our number one ethic and will not be compromised.
- We believe all incidents and injuries can be prevented.
- We are committed to a culture where all employees adopt an HSE mindset, both at work and at home, to keep themselves and each other safe.
- We protect the environment.
- We use energy and natural resources efficiently and intelligently.
- We support the communities in which we operate and in which our employees live and work.
- We support and respect our diverse workforce. The differences our employees bring to work strengthen the company through breadth of experience, perspective, and talent.
Ethics and Compliance
- We require the highest ethical and legal standards in both internal and external relationships.
- We act honorably toward ourselves, our families, our teams, our shareholders, our communities, and our customers.
Since our founding in the early 1960s, Oceaneering has expanded and grown globally to service several industries such as the offshore energy industry, defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
In 1964, Mike Hughes and Johnny Johnson formed a Gulf of Mexico diving company called World Wide Divers. The company grew in response to increasing demand for their services and in 1969 merged with two other diving companies to form Oceaneering International, Inc.
To solve the toughest challenges, we do things differently, creatively, and smarter. As your trusted partner, our unmatched experience and truly innovative portfolio of technologies and solutions give us the flexibility to adapt and evolve, regardless of market conditions.
Our mission is to solve the unsolvable. We thrive by creating industry-changing technically creative solutions for the most complex operational challenges under water, on land, and in space. Our five core values establish a common culture and demonstrate what is most important for us as a company.
Since the beginning, the company has transformed from a small regional diving company into a global provider of engineered products and services.
Today, we develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also serve the aerospace, defense, and theme park industries.
Underpinning everything we do, safety is not only the foundation of our core values, but it is vital to our unmatched performance record and company culture. The industries we serve are as diverse as they are complex. Whether we are engineering deepwater umbilicals or developing robotics for aerospace applications, the safety and health of our employees, vendors, and customers is an integral part of our day-to-day business. If we are working, then our responsibility is to be working safely.
Since our inception in 1964, we have placed a high value on employee safety—from diving services and subsea inspection to vessel-based installation operations. We have and will continue to evolve not only our health, safety, and environmental (HSE) processes, but those of the industries in which we work.
Although we have been fatality-free since 1999, our HSE journey goes beyond statistics. As our portfolio of services has grown, we have continued to prioritize and advance our approach to HSE.