Constructed of contemporary, corrosion resistant alloys and utilizing state-of-the-art technology, the field proven, Oceaneering Multiplex (MUX) Control Pod is designed and engineered to meet the increasing challenges of drilling in ultra-deep water. The MUX Control Pod is built for a long, reliable service life while operating in harsh subsea environments. In addition, the “plug and play” design allows for a quick (15 minute, once accessible) mean time to repair (MTTR) and requires no pre-deployment configuration.
The MUX Control Pod is an ergonomic, functional arrangement of hydraulic manifolds and seal-sub piping engineered to provide enhanced serviceability of the sub-plate mounted (SPM) valves and regulators. The function count is highly configurable and as such, can be tailored to meet specific customer requirements.
The fundamental electronic design incorporates several paths of redundancy to minimize the potential for any single-point failures. Dual redundant copper and fiber optic telemetry is utilized for transmitting and receiving command and readback signals and dual redundant 720 VAC power circuitry is used to ensure adequate power to the MUX Control Pod is maintained.
The modular design consists of the Subsea Electronics Module (SEM), Electro-Hydraulic (E/H) Housing, and the Lower Valve Unit (LVU).
- Contemporary, Corrosion Resistant Alloys
- Dual Redundancy (Power, Communication and I/O)
- 8,000 Feet of Seawater (fsw) Capable
- Modular Design and Fully Interchangeable
- Easy Serviceability (15 minute Mean Time to Repair once accessible)
- No Pre-deployment Configuration
- Overall Dimensions: 55” width x 151” height x 35” depth
- Maximum Water Depth: 8,000 fsw (feet of seawater)
- SEM Max Water Depth: 8,000 fsw (2,438 m)
- Hydraulic Working Pressure: 3000 psi
- Max Operating Pressure: 3,000 psi
- Temperature Range: 32ºF – 140 ºF