Since the attitude and behavior of our people is critical to Oceaneering’s success, we must ensure that effective systems are in place to select, assess, train and develop our employees.
HSE ability and performance shall be considered in the employee selection process. An employee training system is in place to ensure competence with the required job skills, such as, operational, maintenance, safety and environmental requirements.
The system shall include:
- Compliance with client and regulatory requirements
- The DuPont Safety Training Observation Program
- New employees, transferred employees, contractors and visitors as appropriate based upon their exposure to the workplace.
- Supervisory training as appropriate based upon the nature and hazards of the assignment, as a minimum this shall include how to conduct safety meetings, incident investigation and STOP for supervision.
- A process which ensures that learning has taken place
- The use of the on-line Learning Management System for establishing training objectives, learning plans, conducting and recording the training and measuring training as part of the MBO process.
Adherence with this element will be verified by determining that:
- Workers have the knowledge and skills to safety and efficiently perform their job duties
- Training requirements and objectives have been identified based upon a person’s work assignment and exposure to hazards
- Client and regulatory requirements have been incorporated into the training program
- Training reports from the Learning Management System