As safety is the foundation of all Oceaneering operations, our HSE Core Processes are the foundation of our approach to safety.
These processes are implemented by our operating groups and aim to prevent injuries and damage to equipment and the environment, thereby improving our safety culture and overall health, safety, and environmental (HSE) performance.
Areas of Focus
As your trusted partner, we hold both employees and vendors to the highest safety standards. We have identified eight areas essential to confirming and improving our HSE processes, and driving our performance.
- Identify, assess, and manage the risks with the highest potential to result in a fatality.
- Focus on minor incidents and critical behaviors with the potential to result in a fatality.
- Focus attention and resources on areas of greatest risk.
- High Hazard Tasks
- Life Saving Rules and associated processes
- Fatality Prevention Behaviors
- Consequence management
- High-potential incident reporting and analysis
- Create a no-blame environment where the identification and reporting of at-risk behaviors and unsafe conditions is encouraged.
- Utilize root cause analysis tools on incidents with the greatest potential and highest risk.
- Develop and implement corrective actions focused on engineering controls and/or systemic processes.
- Incident investigation
- Root cause analysis (TapRooT)
- Evaluation and coordination of HSE activities
- Self verification