Oceaneering provides a comprehensive worldwide Vendor Inspection, QA/QC and Expediting service for all types of mechanical, rotating, electrical and electronic equipment as well as Oil Country Tubular Goods (OCTG).
- Vendor Audits (prior to PO award)
- New Build Equipment Inspection
- Mill Inspection and Surveillance
- Temporary and Portable Equipment Inspection
- Shipping Inspections
Vendor Inspection ensures full compliance during the manufacture stage of all high value plant and equipment including: pumps, pipes, vessels and valves. This ensures that each stage of the clientís purchase order requirements are fully satisfied before the material or equipment leaves the suppliers premises, therefore resulting in minimum potential for production outages and the subsequent threat to safety, asset integrity and legislative compliance.
The purpose of these audits (prior to Purchase Order award), is to verify that vendors and their sub-vendors appear to be capable of fulfilling the requirements of the purchase order.
Oceaneering Inspectors can only make an assessment based on the findings of the audit criteria and cannot be held responsible or liable for the vendors and/or sub-vendors subsequent performance and execution of purchase orders.
It is understood that the scope of services may include the following:
- Preparation – assess requirements of PO, create audit plan
- Contact vendor – arrange audit visit and stipulate requirements
- Assess vendors planning procedures and capabilities
- Assess vendors control procedures, QA system – according to industry practice
- Establish that sub-vendors etc. have been assessed under vendors QA procedures
- Carry out thorough review of vendors expediting and corrective action procedures
- Establish that the vendor has sufficient Plant / Manpower / Operational capacity to satisfy customers PO requirements
- Assess vendors “Job Tracking” system
- Determine what quality control checks are undertaken and by whom
- Review a typical “Final Documentation Package”
- Provide audit report within 48 hrs of audit completion
Expediting is required to ensure that the vendor delivers to the client on time and so that the client can be assured that the vendor conformed with all relevant standards and specifications set out in the scope of work.
The Expediter will:
- Monitor an report conformance to relevant standards, codes, specifications and specific Supply Chain Management requirements
- Identify / resolve bottlenecks at all levels
- Verify and confirm all information relevant to the project
- Evaluate progress to date and assist the vendor/sub-vendors to meet required delivery dates
- Engineering / Drawing status
- Materials and Accessory status
- Production / Fabrication status
- Shipping status
New Build Equipment Inspection
Oceaneering Inspectors carry out impartial inspections of equipment to ensure conformance to client’s standards, codes, specifications and specific scope of work requirements as stated within the PO.
- This includes vendors and sub-vendors
- Usually carried out during all stages of manufacture, FAT, shipping and receipt
- The Inspection is based on a risk ranking process regarding type and content
- Ranking looks at consequence and probability of failure
These Inspection services compliment the Expediting process.
Mill Inspection & Surveillance
This service is carried out by specialist inspectors with in-depth knowledge of forming, welding, NDT, threading, coatings and loading. Either full or ad-hoc support services are used to compliment the expediting process covering all stages of manufacture and testing including:
Traceability - In process Inspection
Dimensions - NDT
Mechanical Testing - Surface Conditions
Threading - Drifting
Pressure Testing - Coupler Make Up
Preservation & Marking - Thread protectors
For further information please contact your local office or firstname.lastname@example.org